Through the generous contributions of past and present members of Central Baptist Church, we are able to award college scholarships to church members to assist in paying for education expenses. The amount of each scholarship will vary according to available funds and the number of applicants.
- The applicant must be an active participant of Central Baptist Church or have family members that are active participants.
- By the end of the applicant’s second or third year of study, he/she must complete at least one course in Philosophy, Theology, or Ethics.
- The applicant must demonstrate Christian commitment through participation in church activities. The involvement may include (but is not limited to) teaching and assisting in Christian Education, Youth group, Church Council or a Committee, ushering, choir, or working on sponsored community service projects.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum “C” average.
- Applicant may receive up to four (4) undergraduate scholarships and two (2) graduate scholarships.
All members of Central Baptist are eligible to apply.
Please note: If an applicant does not or can not meet 1 or more criteria, he/she may explain the reasons, in writing, to the CE Board. The Board will then evaluate eligibility given these special circumstances.